- After your rhinoplasty surgery, the nurses will go over all instructions with the person that will be accompanying you at home.
- Don’t be surprised at the pale, bruised, and puffy face, neck and ears you see. This is normal and will last around 10 days.
- There is usually no significant discomfort after surgery; pain medication will be prescribed by Dr Reynolds to lessen any discomfort you will have.
- A dressing may be applied (and should not be removed). Patients are seen the next day, the bandages are removed and the wounds redressed.
- Some numbness of the skin is quite normal: it will disappear in a few months.
- It is recommended that you keep your head elevated and as still as possible for a couple of days after surgery, to keep the swelling down.
- Continuously apply cold compress for 24 to 48 hours after your surgery.
- Recovery time will vary, depending on your surgery, usually a period of 7 to 12 days will be needed.
- Avoid driving an automobile for at least 24 to 48 hours after surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities, heavy housework for at least 2 weeks. Alcohol, steam baths and saunas should be avoided for several months.
- Your first post-op appointment will be scheduled the day after surgery, and other follow-up appointments will be scheduled depending on your progress.
- Do not apply makeup or facial creams until Dr Reynolds feels you are ready.