Post operative instructions for Juvederm
1. Immediately after the treatment, the most commonly reported side effects were temporary redness and swelling at the injection site. These effects typically resolve within two to three days. Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling. If the inconvenience continues beyond two to three days or if other reactions occur, please contact your physician.
2. Avoid touching the treated area within six hours following treatment. After that, the area can be gently washed with soap and water.
3. Until the initial redness and swelling have resolved, avoid exposure of the treated area to intense heat (sunlamp or sunbathing).
4. If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another recurrence. Speak to your physician about medications that may minimize a recurrence.
5. Avoid exercise and alcohol for six hours post-treatment.
6. Evidence shows that having a follow-up treatment before the product has fully dissipated will enhance the lasting effect. Please be sure to consult your physician about recommendations for touch-up or follow-up treatments.
7. One week prior to your next treatment with Juvedérm®, avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John’s Wort, and high doses of Vitamin E supplements. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
View or Download Post Operative Instructions for Juvéderm Injections (shown above)